PSA: CHICAGO HOUSE MUSIC IN THE BUILDING
Gene Farris is that proverbial dude. Enough said.
Here's the rundown for those who don't know:
- Started DJing at 12, began hustling mixtapes around the South Side neighborhood of Chicago.
- A growing reputation landed him various performances at the legendary Chicago underground warehouse parties of the 90s.
- Began producing music in 1994, landing a spot on Cajmere's newly established Relief Records.
- Became part of a new wave of globetrotting Chicago DJs working alongside the likes of DJ Sneak, Paul Johnson, Derrick Carter, DJ Rush, Ron Trent, Boo Williams and Glen Underground.
- Now considered one of the OG ambassadors of Chicago's classic house music sound
- A slew of 2015 releases on record labels like dirtybird, Visionquest, Defected, Cajual, and Relief leave no doubt that Gene Farris is one of the best in the game.
Underlying a variety of innovative accomplishments and endless citations on long list of legendary DJs is a talented producer who loves house music of all kinds. It is for this reason that Make It Funky is particularly pleased to present Gene Farris - for the love of house and the sharing of great music.
Come on out. Bring a friend. Jack your body.
Support provided by:
Eric Sharp (Rock It Science Labs, LA)
Onemohit (Make It Funky, SF)